Israel-Europe Research & Innovation Directorate
Promoting participation of Israeli entities in European R&I activity. Israel's National contact point for participation in the European Framework programmes
ISERD - Your Gateway to European R&I initiative
ISERD is Israel's National contact point for participation in the European Framework programme and is also responsible for promoting the participation of Israeli entities in the European Framework Programmes and in bilateral and multilateral research and innovation activities with European countries.
ISERD – The Israel-Europe R&D Directorate is an inter-ministerial directorate, established by the Israeli Ministry of Economy, the Planning and Budgeting Committee of the Council for Higher Education the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
ISERD is operated through the Israel Innovation Authority and is Israel's official contact point (NCP) with the EU, for all the activities of the Framework Programme.
To increase Israel’s scientific and industrial collaboration with the European research and innovation ecosystem.
ISERD operates through various programs:
- The EU Framework Program for R&D (HORIZON EUROPE)
- Programs co-funded by National and EU funds
- Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) for SMEs
- Provides information on various funding and collaboration opportunities in the European landscape (please sign to our newsletter)
- Assists in Partner Searches
- Assists throughout proposals submissions process
- Organizes seminars, learning and exposure meetings as well as matchmaking events for joint collaboration opportunities
Excellence in Science
- European Research Council
The fundamental activity of the ERC is to provide attractive, long-term funding to support excellent investigators and their research teams to pursue ground-breaking, high-gain/high-risk research.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions contribute to excellent research, boosting jobs, growth, and investment by equipping researchers with new knowledge and skills and providing them with international as well as inter-sectoral and inter-disciplinary exposure (including through academia-business collaboration and mobility), to fill the top positions of tomorrow.
- Research Infrastructures
Research Infrastructures (RIs), including the European Open Science Cloud, and Technology Infrastructures (TIs)1 are crucial enablers of research and innovation. Europe needs an effective and integrated landscape of RIs and TIs that helps covering the continuum of needs from fundamental knowledge creation to technology deployment.
Social Sciences & Humanities, Widening & ERA
- Culture, creativity and inclusive society
Aims to meet EU goals and priorities on enhancing democratic governance and citizens participation, on the safeguarding and promotion of cultural heritage, and to respond to and shape multifaceted social, economic, technological and cultural transformations. It mobilises multidisciplinary expertise of European social sciences and humanities for understanding fundamental contemporary transformations of society, economy, politics and culture and providing evidence-based policy options for a socially just and inclusive European green and digital recovery.
- Widening participation and strengthening the European Research Area
Two programmes for the implementation of concrete measures in the following areas: Widening the participation of low R&I performing countries ("Widening") by underpinning geographical spread, building the necessary capacity to allow successful participation in the R&I process, and promoting networking and access to excellence; and Strengthening the European Research Area ("ERA") by planning new policies and strategies.
- Staying healthy in a rapidly changing society
Citizens stay healthy in a rapidly changing society thanks to healthier lifestyles and behaviours, healthier environments, improved evidence-based health policies, and more effective solutions for health promotion and disease prevention.
- Living and working in a health-promoting environment
Living and working environments are health-promoting and sustainable thanks to better understanding of environmental, occupational, social and economic determinants of health.
- Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden
Health care providers are able to tackle diseases (infectious diseases, including poverty-related and neglected diseases, non-communicable and rare diseases) and reduce the disease burden on patients effectively thanks to better understanding of diseases, using more effective and innovative health technologies and better ability and preparedness to manage epidemic outbreaks.
- Ensuring access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care
Health care systems provide equal access to innovative, sustainable and high-quality health care thanks to the development and uptake of safe, cost-effective and people-centred solutions, with a focus on population health, health systems resilience, as well as improved evidence-based health policies.
- Unlocking the full potential of new tools, technologies and digital solutions
Health technologies, new tools and digital solutions are applied effectively thanks to their inclusive, secure and ethical development, delivery, integration and deployment in health policies and health and care systems.
- Maintaining an innovative, sustainable and globally competitive health industry
EU health industry is more innovative, sustainable and globally competitive thanks to improved up-take of breakthrough technologies and innovations, which makes the EU with its Member States more resilient and less dependent from imports with regard to the access to and supply of critical health technologies.
Climate, Energy and Mobility
- Climate sciences and responses
Transition to a climate-neutral and resilient society and economy enabled through advanced climate science, pathways and responses to climate change (mitigation and adaptation) and behavioural transformations.
- Cross-sectoral solutions for the climate transition
Clean and sustainable transition of the energy and transport sectors towards climate neutrality facilitated by innovative crosscutting solutions.
- Sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply
More efficient, clean, sustainable, secure and competitive energy supply through new solutions for smart grids and energy systems based on more performant renewable energy solutions.
- Efficient, sustainable and inclusive energy use
Efficient and sustainable use of energy, accessible for all is ensured through a clean energy system and a just transition.
- Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes
Towards climate-neutral and environmental friendly mobility through clean solutions across all transport modes while increasing global competitiveness of the EU transport sector.
- Safe, Resilient Transport and Smart Mobility services for passengers and goods
Safe, seamless, smart, inclusive, resilient, climate neutral and sustainable mobility systems for people and goods thanks to user-centric technologies and services including digital technologies and advanced satellite navigation services.
Food, Bioeconomy, Natural Resources, Agriculture and Environment
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Fair, healthy and environmentally-friendly food systems from primary production to consumption
A transition towards sustainable food systems is key to address these challenges and bring environmental, health and social benefits, support climate neutrality and resilience as well as ensure fair economic gains.
- Circular economy and bioeconomy sectors
This destination and its topics targets the climate-neutral circular and bioeconomy transitions, covering integrated circular solutions at territorial and sectoral levels, for important material flows and product value chains, as well as key bioeconomy sectors such as sustainable bio-based systems, sustainable forestry, small-scale rural bio-based solutions, and aquatic value chains
- Clean environment and zero pollution
Anthropogenic pollution undermines the integrity of Earth ecosystems and severely affects natural resources essential for human life. Keeping our planet clean and our ecosystems healthy will not only contribute to addressing the climate crisis but also help regenerate biodiversity and safeguard the well-being of humankind.
- Land, oceans and water for climate action
- Resilient, inclusive, healthy and green rural, coastal and urban communities
- Innovative governance, environmental observations and digital solutions in support of the Green Deal
This destination will develop innovative digital and data based solutions to support communities and society at large, and economic sectors relevant for this Cluster to achieve sustainability objectives. R&I activities will add value to the knowledge and cost-effectiveness of innovative technologies in and across primary production sectors, food systems, bioeconomy, oceans and biodiversity.
Digital, Industry and Space
- Climate neutral, circular and digitized production
- Increased autonomy in key strategic value chains for resilient industry
- World leading data and computing technologies
- Digital and emerging technologies for competitiveness and fit for the green deal
- Open Strategic autonomy in developing, deploying and using global space-based infrastructures, services, applications and data
- A human-centred and ethical development of digital and industrial technologies
- European Innovation Council
- European Innovation Ecosystems
The European Innovation Ecosystems aims to create a more connected and efficient innovation ecosystem that supports the scaling of companies and spurs innovation to address important challenges in a responsible way.
- European Institute of Innovation & Technology
The EIT is a unique EU initiative that drives innovation across Europe by integrating business, education and research to find solutions to pressing global challenges.
Bring together, under one roof, the European Fund for Strategic Investments and 13 EU financial instruments currently available. Triggering at least €650 billion in additional investment, the Programme aims to give an additional boost to investment, innovation and job creation in Europe.
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
Loans/Ouasi-equity – Directly to the company
- European Investment Fund (EIF)
InnovFin Equity - Venture Capital; InnovFin SME Guarantee Facility
E-learning and Support
- Horizon Europe Material and Information
Relevant documents, templates, rules and regulations for Horizon Europe proposal submissions, as well as links to important Horizon Europe websites and pages.
- Important Links and Templates
Relevant guides, links, templates, rules and regulations for Horizon Europe proposal submissions.