Tackling diseases and reducing disease burden
Topics under Destination 3 will support activities aiming at:
- Better understanding of diseases, their drivers and consequences, including pain and the causative links between health determinants and diseases, and better evidence-base for policy-making.
- Better methodologies and diagnostics that allow timely and accurate diagnosis, identification of personalised treatment options and assessment of health outcomes, including for patients with a rare disease.
- Development and validation of effective intervention for better surveillance, prevention, detection, treatment and crisis management of infectious disease threats.
- Innovative health technologies developed and tested in clinical practice, including personalised medicine approaches and use of digital tools to optimise clinical workflows.
- New and advanced therapies for non-communicable diseases, including rare diseases developed in particular for those without approved options, supported by strategies to make them affordable for the public payer.
- Scientific evidence for improved/tailored policies and legal frameworks and to inform major policy initiatives at global level.
For an informal summary of the draft calls under this Destination see ISERD's leaflet