Mono-beneficiary acceleration scheme, providing a unique combination of funding from 0.5M to 17.5M Euro, for scale-up and commercialization of a disruptive product, belonging to an excellent high-growth-potential company
What is the EIC Accelerator?
- The EIC Accelerator is a financing and acceleration scheme, under the European Framework Programme Horizon Europe
- This program is intended for companies with a groundbreaking product \ service \ process \ business model, who are conducting close-to-market R&D; When its goal is to market the innovative product- scale-up a prototype and advance towards market uptake.
- See the work program here and EIC Accelerator leaflet here.
Who can apply?
- Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME); defined:
- Less than 250 employees
- Less than 50 million Euros in annual turnover or less than 43 million Euros of balance sheet
- Small mid-cap; defined:
- Single enterprise up to 499 employees
- Only for the investment component
- One or more natural persons or legal entities intending to establish an SME
Funding under the EIC Accelerator scheme
- Grant only, Equity, Blended (Grant + Equity), Grant first
- Investment component: 0.5M€ up to 15M€; Grant component: up to 2.5M€
- The company receives 70% of the amount needed for the project + 25% overhead (~87.5%).
- Used for a full-fledged project that can take between 18-24 months
- The evaluation of proposals is done in three steps:
- Short submission -remotely by 4 independent evaluators
- Full application- remotely by 3 independent evaluators
- Face-to-face interview conducted in Brussels (or via virtual platform)
When to submit and in what subjects?
- Short proposals: all year long
- Full proposal cut-offs dates are: 16\6\21, 6\10\21
- There are limitations on re-submissions
Business Acceleration Service
Winners and Seal of Excellence receive Business acceleration services and take part of the EIC Community platform