The European Innovation Ecosystems aims to create a more connected and efficient innovation ecosystem that supports the scaling of companies and spurs innovation to address important challenges in a responsible way
What is the European Innovation Ecosystems (EIE)?
- Europe and the world face a series of profound and rapid changes including climate, the digital transition and geopolitics. More than ever collaboration for innovative solutions is necessary for social and economic recovery environmental sustainability and resilience
- Recent crisis (Covid-19) has spurred researchers, entrepreneurs, industry, institutions and people across the globe into close cooperation to identify innovative solutions and ensure post-pandemic stability
- The European Innovation Ecosystems aims to create a more connected and efficient innovation ecosystem that supports the scaling of companies and spurs innovation to address important challenges in a responsible way
- The Ecosystem programme builds on actions under three destinations: CONNECT, SCALE UP and InnovSMEs.
- The actions in the CONNECT destination focus on building an integrated, inclusive innovation ecosystem by drawing on the existing strengths of European, national, regional and local ecosystems and pulling in new, less well-represented actors and territories to set, undertake, and achieve collective ambitions for people, society, the economy and the planet
- The actions in the SCALEUP destination focus on reinforcing the capacity of ecosystems to support existing and emerging innovators and companies
- The actions in the InnovSMEs destination focus on helping innovative SMEs to increase their research and innovation capacity, productivity and to become embedded in global value chains and new markets. It would enable global collaboration and the commercialisation of new knowledge. It would thereby strengthen the overall resilience of the European innovation ecosystem.
When to submit?