The Hong Kong-Israel R&D Cooperation Program was established with the goal of promoting industrial R&D cooperation between Hong Kong and Israel, and enabling Israeli and Hong Kong companies that are engaged in R&D collaboration to access government funding for their joint R&D projects.
Hong Kong and Israeli companies are welcome to submit proposals for funding for bilateral industrial research and development (R&D) projects, involving at least one company from each economy, which include science and technology (S&T) development and may lead to commercialization, social good and benefit to both economies.
The HK-IL R&D Cooperation Program is open to all technology sectors . Applications under the HK-IL R&D Cooperation Program can be submitted all year round.
In order to apply, companies and projects must meet the following criteria:
- At least one science and technology compan y from the respective economies , fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below, should express a wish to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side.
- Academic/Research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialisation in the global market.
- Companies and projects from all technology fields are eligible to apply.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialisation strategy of the product or process. The companies also have to observe the relevant IPR requirements under the respective government funding schemes.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both economies.
- The project should be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is t wo years subject to the rules of the respective government funding schemes.
Calls for Proposals for this Program:
For more information on this program's latest call for proposal: click here
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this program, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site: https://innovationisrael.org.il/program/2851