What is the CIP Initiative?
The China-Israel Changzhou Innovation Park (CIP) is a bi-national governmental initiative that provides a unique platform for Israeli industrial companies seeking to enter the Chinese market. The initiative provides Israeli companies the opportunity to establish a headquarters in the Changzhou West Taihu Lake S&T Industrial Park (the "Park) in Jiangsu Province, China and receive a unique incentive package and professional services to help them overcome barriers and succeed in China with the support of the park’s facilities and its dedicated staff.
Israeli companies that join the initiative will receive access to unique grants and financial incentives, discounted office space and facilities (manufacturing space, laboratories, workshops), assistance in protecting intellectual property, support in hiring high-quality local labor, subsidies for equipment, attractive loans, assistance with permits and licenses, logistic management and other services intended to reduce the time and investment needed to penetrate the Chinese market.
Companies can apply for this initiative by submitting a request to the Israel Innovation Authority. Requests will be approved based on a professional assessment. Following approval, the company will be able to negotiate with Park's management in the framework of pre-agreed conditions.
What are the Incentives?
The joint initiative provides Israeli companies a favorable incentives package which includes a range of financial, support & professional services, including:
- General grants and various kind of awards
- Access to loans
- Talent subsidies for Israeli & Chinese employees
- Equipment Subsidy
- Special rent prices for offices and workshops/production/laboratories spaces
- Intellectual Property Consulting and Services
- Marketing consulting and services
- Support for China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) Approval process (for biotech and medical device companies)
- Support for getting working visas
- Support for Company Registration in China
- Human resources recruitment support services
- Access to "Israeli Center"
In addition to the aforementioned services, the CIP Administrative Office will also make its best effort to assist Israeli Companies in equipment procurement, accommodation arrangements and other matters upon the request of the Israeli Companies.
Please note that each Israeli company accepted into the initiative will be offered a unique and individualized package based on the needs and interests of the company.
About the Jiangsu Province
Jiangsu is a province of the People's Republic of China, a 102,600 sq. km area located along the east coast of the country with a population of 80 million. Since the inception of economic reforms in 1978, Jiangsu has been a hot spot for economic development, and is now one of China's most prosperous provinces with a GDP of $ 1.093 trillion (2015). -2nd ranked in China.
Jiangsu Province is a pioneer in terms of cooperation between Israel and China, having been the first province to sign a bilateral R&D cooperation agreement with Israel in 2011.
As a leading province in China’s opening-up and scientific innovation, Jiangsu has a solid foundation of industry, excellent environment and strong aspiration for innovation. Enhancing international cooperation is an important way for Jiangsu to accelerate the innovation-driven development.
- Best choice for open innovation and international cooperation:
- Located on China’s eastern coast and neighboring Shanghai, Jiangsu covers an area of 100,000 km2, which accounts for 1% of the national total and the same as South Korea. It has a population of 80 million, 6% of the whole country and the same as Germany.
- Jiangsu is one of the provinces in China with the most rapid economic growth and highest vitality. In 2014, its GDP exceeded $1,000 billion, accounting for 10% of China, with an annual growth rate of 8.6%. In the same year, its FDI surpassed $28 billion, over 20% of the national total; the import and export volume exceeded $560 billion, accounting for over 10% of China.
- Jiangsu is one of the provinces in China with the most abundant scientific resources and the highest level of innovation. It has 134 universities and colleges and 1.83 million university students, over 1 million scientists and engineers including 680 thousand R&D personnel, all ranking the first place in China. According to the Annual Report of Innovation Capacity in China issued by Ministry of Science and Technology of China (MOST), Jiangsu’s regional innovation capacity has been maintaining the first place in China for 7 consecutive years.
- Jiangsu is also one of the provinces in China with the most active innovation and the most rapid growth of input and output in scientific innovation. In 2014, its total R&D input reached RMB 163 billion, accounting for 2.5% of the regional GDP, which is 1.9 times that of 2010. The number of patents applied and granted in Jiangsu has been ranking the first place in China for many years. In 2014, its applications of patents of invention exceeded 1/6 of the national total (147 thousand) and the growth was 2 times that of 2010. The number of patents of invention per 10 thousand people quadrupled and reached 10.24.
- Jiangsu enterprises have been actively engaged in technological innovation. Their patents applications and granted have maintained the first place in China. There are over 10,000 state-certified high-tech enterprises in the province, 14 national-level key laboratories of enterprises, all taking the leading position in China.
- Jiangsu boasts of a favorable environment for IPR protection. As the only “Demonstration Province of China’s IPR Strategy”, Jiangsu has launched 8 IPR help centers. Its annual growth rate of IPR comprehensive development index is the highest in China. It is also the first province in China which signed IPR cooperation MOU with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2011.
- Leading province of innovation-driven development
- With the strong support of MOST, Jiangsu initiated the strategy of innovation-driven development in China, with the responsibility of being the pilot for innovative development of the whole country. Jiangsu is striving to become a globally significant innovation center of industrial technologies, with innovation as the main driving force of its social and economic development.
- Compared with the advanced international level, many industries and enterprises in Jiangsu are still at the medium and low level. Enhancing technology acquisition and joint R&D is the important means to speed up industrial upgrading. Therefore, Jiangsu has huge cooperative demands for innovative resources from outside, with vigorous innovative requirements from its industries and enterprises as well as enormous market potential of new technologies and products.
- The priority fields for future development include: The next generation of communications and network, VLSI, IOT and cloud computing, new type of flat-panel display, high-end manufacturing, robot and intelligent manufacturing, basic materials and new materials, new energy, smart power grids, energy saving, medical devices and scientific equipment, biomedicine, population health, ecological and environmental protection, modern agriculture, etc.
*Information supplied by the Jiangsu S&T department, P.R.C
About the city of Changzhou - Some Facts & Figures
- Location - At the southern part of Jiangsu province, situated in the south to the Yangtze River and at the Shore of Tai Lake, Changzhou is halfway between Shanghai and Nanjing.
- Population -~ 3.7 Million (2014)
- Total area - 4,385 km2.
- GDP (2014)-475 billion RMB / 77 Billion $. Growth of 10% from 2013
- Leading Industries: medical industrial; power transmission -first in China; machinery manufacturing; growing sectors -new material industry & vehicle industry
- Education -Changzhou is an educational hub for several universities (e.g Changzhou University, Jiangsu Teachers' University of S&T), Jiangsu Teachers' University of Technology, etc…
- One of the TOP 10 Chinese Cities with Best Investment Value; gained China Habitat Environment Award.
- Chosen as the National Advanced City in Science and Technology Progress for 14 consecutive years
- 2014- Honored as The National Demonstration City in IPR Protection_innovation_park__application_form_final_2017
Calls for Proposals for this Program:
For more information on this program's latest call for proposal: click here