Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
Singapore Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD)
The Singapore Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD) is a co-operation between the Singapore Enterprise (ESG) and the Israel Innovation Authority to promote, facilitate and support joint industrial R&D and Pilot collaboration between Singapore-based companies or Singapore-based research and development entities, and Israel-based companies across different industries.
SIIRD seeks to promote research and development in Singapore and Israel by helping Singapore-based and Israel-based companies with R&D Partner Search and providing up to US$1.5M in funding for joint R&D projects between them.
Through joint R&D collaboration using SIIRD's funding, companies can:
- Create new/enhanced products and technology,
- Expanded product portfolio for customers,
- Expand to new markets,
- Shortened time-to-market of new/enhanced products and technology
* This program is operated under the Authority’s incentive program for Bilateral Funds and the Israel-Singapore Fund (SIIRD).
- The application must be jointly submitted by a Singapore-registered company and an Israel-registered company.
- Either company must not have more than 20% shareholding in the partnering company.
- The joint project must be undertaken in Singapore and Israel, with at least 30% of the actual R&D work done in Singapore and Israel respectively.
- Technology and product developed must have potential for commercialization.
- Technical Capabilities
- Financial Capability
- Commercialization/Marketing Capability
- Synergy Between Companies
- Complementry synergy between partners
- Level of Innovation/Disruption
- Potential for Commercialization Success
SIIRD provides research and development (R&D) funding up to US$1.5M for joint R&D projects between companies based in Singapore and Israel. Interested companies are welcome to apply for this funding by following the instructions in the Proposal Submission page in SIIRD website. The grant disbursements to Singapore and Israeli companies would be in local currency i.e. Singapore Dollars and Israeli Shekels respectively.
The SIIRD funding covers the R&D portion of the companies’ total development cost in the joint projects. Part of the funding is also extended towards joint commercialization activities in the project.
The support offered is detailed in the Israel-Singapore Fund (SIIRD) website.
Funding for R&D projects:
- Fund up to US$1.5M or 60% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- Fund up to US$30K for commercialization activities.
Funding for Pilot projects:
- For project to pilot or testbed near-market technologies (e.g. above TRL 6) with a beta site for the purpose of commercialization and project duration not more than 1 year.
- Fund up to US$1M or 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- The deadline for submission is February 23rd, 2023 at 12:00 PM (IST).
- The applications must be submitted by the Israeli companies and their foreign partners together.
- Submit Full Proposal
Both Companies shall work on the Full Proposal using SIIRD’s Guidelines and Templates. Both Companies can use the following checklist to double-check on the documents required for the official submission:
- Full R&D Proposal with Project Gantt Chart, Project Members' Resumes, Revenue Forecast Table and Audited Financial Reports of Each Company
- Project Budget of Each Company
- Other Supporting Documents, if any
- Israeli companies should submit the finalized set of documents through Innovation Authority’s online application system while Singapore Companies are to submit their full project application documents on the SG’s platform.
- Project Evaluation
Following the full proposal submission, evaluation meetings will be conducted in Singapore and Israel at the companies’ premises respectively. Independent reviewers and the SIIRD team will visit the companies and presentations on the project will be required from both companies during the meetings.
- SIIRD Board Approval
After the project evaluation, the project proposal will be presented to the SIIRD Board for approval. The SIIRD Board Meeting is convened twice a year. Approval's decision of the SIIRD Board will be conveyed in writing to both companies
- Please note! If there is interest to submit a project co-funding application to SIIRD, after their discussion on joint R&D collaboration, companies are advised to contact the SIIRD Managers in the respective countries to understand more about the SIIRD Program and to share with the SIIRD Managers the proposed project in mind.
- It is recommended to submit an Executive Summary according to the forms on SIIRD’s website for initial feedback. Executive summaries shall be accepted for feedback up to 3 weeks before the deadline of the call for proposal.
- For additional information regarding the submission process please refer to SIIRD website
Interested in this collaboration program but do not have a partner?
Fill the Partner Search Form and we will try to help you find the right match.