Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
Mayo Clinic and the Israel Innovation Authority are launching a technological Innovation program in Healthcare!
The goal of a project is to co-develop, test, and pilot impactful technologies, services and devices that can be translated to other sites and settings across the United States, and beyond.
Project applications may include joint R&D activities as well as clinical trial or pilot and validation activities.
Interested companies are invited to submit applications to co-develop and/or validate their healthcare related technology solutions.
Israeli companies are asked to submit project proposals for co-development of products and/or technologies. Projects focused solely on utilizing Mayo as a clinical trial site or on product adoption will not be considered.
Projects may include:
- Technology and knowledge applications
- Product development or customization
- Near commercialization or new market creation activities
The opportunity in this program is for Israeli companies to work with Mayo Clinic clinicians and scientists to co-develop and optimize their technology for the marketplace.
This program will provide Innovative Israeli companies with the ability to access Mayo’s expertise to:
- Optimize their technology for clinical use
- Perform pre-clinical work or pilot studies
- Co-develop aspects of their technology or pipeline
Successful applicant companies from Israel will receive funding directly from the Israel Innovation Authority.
The Israel Innovation Authority will provide funding of up to 50% of the approved pilot validation expenses.
The Authority will provide an additional funding of 10% to companies located in the periphery of Israel (In addition to the budget approved for R&D costs).
Upon approval from both parties, Israeli companies will be entitled to 12 months of financial support, and will be eligible for a second year of funding subject to review of the project milestones.
The program will support collaboration projects for up to 24 months overall.
Funding awarded by the Israel Innovation Authority will be granted upon approval from both parties and shall comply with the Israeli laws and regulations for Industrial R&D.
For more information regarding Israeli laws and regulations, please refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site.
Mayo Clinic may provide in kind services, expertise and/or use of facilities. An appropriate agreement between successful applicant companies and Mayo will need to be entered into prior to project initiation.
In exchange for such services, expertise and/or use of facilities, Mayo Clinic and the Israeli companies may agree on equity investment by Mayo Clinic Ventures and/or a revenue share of the products or services that are the subject of the project.
Mayo Clinic may provide in-kind project resources as follows:
- Internal champion to co-develop and identify the parameters of the product/technology and potential use cases
- Test and validate the product given pre-identified parameters
- Deploy, roll-out and operationalize the product internally
- Assistance to co-commercialize the product, through introductions to partner health systems and entities
- Opportunity to interact with other companies and VC as appropriate
Expression of Interest form due by July 11th , 2019 by 5 pm EST
Please submit an Expression of interest form (EOI) for assessment (available bellow via downloads) to Jonathan Cohen, Jonathan.Cohen@innovationisrael.org.il
Companies will receive feedback on eligible cooperation forms by September 12th , 2019
Eligible companies will be invited by the Israel Innovation Authority to phase 2.
Please submit an online funding application to the Israel Innovation Authority by November 28th , 2019 by 5 pm EST
- Please read the instructions and regulations carefully before submitting the funding application.
For instruction on how to submit the Israel Innovation Funding Application:
Please click here for Hebrew.
Please click here for English
- Please attach the EOI form to the funding application under “additional attachments”.
- For online submission (Hebrew only), please click here.
- After submitting the funding application, please email Jonathan Cohen the file number you receive, or your company number.