Deadline for Submission
The Israel Innovation Authority’s International Climate-Tech Program aims to accelerate the development and scaleup of ground-breaking climate technologies by bridging between climate challenges of Global Corporates and Israeli startups, and by supporting international R&D collaboration with leading Climate-Tech hubs such as Sweden and Switzerland.
The International Climate Tech Call for Proposal comprises of two programs:
- The MNC program which invites interested Israeli companies to submit applications to co-develop or pilot innovative solutions with leading Global Corporates in the field of Climate Tech. The Program will offer the most innovative Israeli Climate Tech companies funding for a joint R&D or pilot project with the participating multinationals looking to co-develop or test technological solutions to their climate challenges. Selected Israeli companies will receive a grant of up to 50% of the approved project budget (+special incentives if applicable), following the applicable laws and regulations, and in-kind services from the Global Corporates.
- The Eureka Foodtech program for R&D&I Projects in the field of alternative proteins between Israel, Sweden, Switzerland and Singapore
The programs are operating under the Israel Innovation Authority’s International Rules & Regulations and the R&D Fund Incentive Program.
The following foreign partners are available for joint projects for Israeli Climate-Tech & Foodtech companies who wish to co-develop or pilot their technology:
Multinational Corporations (MNCs) including:
(for more information about the MNCs and the specific solutions they are looking for, please refer to the Program Guidelines)
- A2A - The A2A Group is the largest Italian multi utility, managing the generation, sale and distribution of electricity and gas, district heating, waste collection and recovery, e-mobility, public lighting and integrated water services.
- Bayer - Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of health care and nutrition. Bayer is committed to driving sustainable development and generating a positive impact with its businesses. In fiscal 2022, the Group employed around 101,000 people and had sales of 50.7 billion euros.
- Combient Foundry - Combient Foundry is Combient’s Global Venture Client Alliance, providing startups with global market leaders as long-term reference clients and speeding up innovation across the Combient network companies.
Combient Foundry is looking for innovative solutions for five of its network’s industry leaders:
- Epiroc - Epiroc AB is a Swedish manufacturer of mining and infrastructure equipment.
- Munters - Munters is a global leader in energy efficient air treatment and climate solutions.
- Scania - Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions, including trucks and buses for heavy transport applications.
- SKF - SKF is the world's largest bearing manufacturer.
- Stora Enso - Stora Enso is a leading provider of renewable products in packaging, biomaterials, and wooden construction.
- Enel - Enel is a leading integrated player in the global power and renewables markets. At global level, it is the largest renewable private player, the foremost network operator by number of end users and the biggest retail operator by customer base.
- Hyundai CRADLE - Hyundai CRADLE is Hyundai Motor’s venture capital and open innovation arm, which partners and invests in prominent global startups to accelerate the development of advanced future automotive technologies.
- ReNew - ReNew is India’s largest renewable energy company and one of the world’s leading decarbonization companies listed on NASDAQ with an aggregated renewable energy capacity of 13+ GW.
- Shizen Energy - Shizen Energy is a major Japanese renewable energy company, actively expanding overseas in support of the worldwide energy transition, currently launching their relationship with the Israeli renewables ecosystem.
- Snam - Snam is the leading European operator in natural gas transport, with a network of around 38,000 km in Italy and abroad.
Companies that are interested in co-developing or piloting their technologies with the above MNCs, an Expression of Interest (EOI) should be submitted by November 12, 2023, to receive a “green light” to the full submission phase. The “green light” will be provided by December 7, 2023 (estimated).
Eureka FoodTech Alternative Proteins Call for R&D&I Projects between Sweden, Switzerland, Singapore and Israel.
This call is for R&D&I projects in the field of alternative proteins with priority given to plant-based, fermentation-derived and cultivated meat and seafood. Hybrid products and enabling technologies, such as plant molecular farming, are also included in the scope. In short, this call aims to promote alternatives to protein from living animals.
For more information, please refer to the Program Guidelines.
The Criteria and pre-conditions for evaluation are detailed in the Israel Innovation Authority's International Rules & Regulations, and the R&D Fund Incentive Program
The Israel Innovation Authority will support 20% to 50% of the approved R&D budget for up to 24 months, according to the funding regulations.
This call for proposals invites Israeli Companies to submit joint applications for R&D and/or Pilot projects no later than February 26th, 2024 at 12:00 noon (Israel Time).
Applicants are required to follow the local requirements and use the provided application format and instructions. Applications that are not in the approved format will not be accepted.
- For collaboration with MNCs: In addition to the full application form, a Letter of Intent (LOI) signed by the MNC must be submitted by the Israeli applicant.
- For the Eureka Food Tech Alternative Proteins Call for R&D&I Projects between Sweden, Israel and Switzerland, the joint submission at the Eureka website replaces the bilateral form.
Interested in this collaboration program but do not have a partner?
Fill the Partner Search form, and we will try to help you find the right match.