- Improved excellence capacity and resources in Western Balkan countries.
- Enhanced strategic networking activities between the research institutions of the Western Balkan countries and at least two internationally leading counterparts at EU level.
- Raised reputation, research profile and attractiveness of the coordinating institution from the Western Balkan country and the research profile of its staff.
- Strengthened research management capacities and administrative skills of the staff working in institutions from the Western Balkan country.
- Improved creativity supported by development of new approaches, increased mobility (inwards and outwards) of qualified scientists.
Type of Action: Coordination and Support action (CSA)
Project Duration: up to 3 years
Expected EU Contribution per Project: up to EUR 1.5 million
Project Composition: A research institutions of the Western Balkan countries with at least two research institutions from two different Member States or Associated Countries.
Eligible Countries for hosting the co-ordinator in 2021: Albania, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, and Kosovo.
Twinning proposals will have to clearly outline the scientific strategy for stepping up and stimulating scientific excellence and innovation capacity in a defined area of research as well as the scientific quality of the partners involved in the twinning exercise.
- Costs relating to administration, networking, coordination, training, management and travel cost.
- Research, consumables and small equipment costs become eligible and they could constitute up to 30% of the requested funding.
Twinning useful links