Proposals for topics under this Destination should set out a credible pathway to contributing to the following expected impact:
- Inciting institutional reforms in research institutions in widening countries
- Better use existing research infrastructures and populate them with excellent talents
- Attract first-class talents and turn them into game changers in institutions
- Revert brain drain
- Improved linkages and increased mobility between academic and business, notably by overcoming sectoral barriers
- Free circulation of knowledge and expertise in line with ERA priorities
- Improve gender balance and equal opportunities
Type of Action: Coordination and Support action (CSA)
Project Duration: up to 5 years.
Project Composition: A university or a research organisation established in a Widening country as mono-beneficiary or as coordinator in case of partnership with the legal entity employing the prospective ERA Chair holder.
Evaluation Procedure: Single-stage evaluation procedure.
- Dedicated provisions for the ranking and selection of proposals to ensure an appropriate geographical balance of the benefitting countries
- Attention to the content of the proposal and their cutting-edge R&I excellence. A preparatory research activity may be included
- Expenses related to the ERA Chair holder and a number of team members (e.g. their salaries, recruitment costs, administrative costs, travel and subsistence costs)
- Research costs up to 10% of the EU contribution.
- Contribution towards measures aimed at facilitating structural changes in the institution (e.g. costs for trainings, meetings, publications and managing Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).