EIC Pathfinder Open
What is the EIC Pathfinder Open?
- The EIC Pathfinder Open is a call for bottom – up proposals that meets all the following essential characteristics (‘Gatekeepers’):
- Convincing long-term vision of a radically new deep-tech that has the potential to transform our economy and society in a positive way
- Concrete, novel and ambitious science-towards-technology breakthrough, providing advancements towards the envisioned goal
- High-risk/high-gain research approach and methodology, with concrete and plausible objectives
- See the work program here
Who can apply?
Consortia of at least 3 different independent legal entities (e.g. research organisations, universities, SMEs, large industry) established in at least 3 different eligible countries, at least one from an EU member state.
Funding under the EIC Pathfinder Open scheme
- Grants of up to EUR 3 million (or more if properly justified) to achieve the proof of principle and validate the scientific basis of breakthrough technology (TRL 1-4)
- The funding rate of this grant will be 100% of the eligible costs + 25% overhead
Additionally, funded projects are eligible to:
- Receive additional grants with fixed amounts of up to EUR 50,000 to undertake complementary activities to explore potential pathways to commercialisation or for portfolio activities
- Submit an Accelerator proposal via the Fast-Track scheme
- Receive free access to a wide range of Business Acceleration Services
In 2022 there will be one submission deadline: 4 May 2022 at 17.00.00 Brussels local time
- Your proposal will be first evaluated and scored remotely by EIC expert evaluators (one stage with rebuttal procedure)
- A rebuttal procedure after the remote phase will provide you with the opportunity to reply within eight calendar days with a strict page limit (max. 2 A4 pages) to any mistakes or misunderstandings found in the evaluators' comments
- The evaluation committee will decide on the final score on the basis of the remote score and the outcome of its consensus discussions, taking into consideration the comments from the rebuttal procedure, if they are any and if they are within the scope