Developing, consolidating and optimising European Research Infrastructures landscape, maintaining global leadership
What are the expected impacts?
Proposals for topics under this Destination should set out a credible pathway to contributing to the following expected impact:
- Enable disruptive research and breakthrough science and innovation through cutting- edge, interconnected and sustainable Research Infrastructures.
- Strengthen the scientific excellence and performance and efficiency of the European Research Area, increasing its attractiveness to researchers from all over the world.
- Bridge research infrastructure capacity among countries and regions, also by exploiting possibilities given by the smart specialisation processes.
- Underpin the R&I effort enabling systemic changes needed for a truly transformative societal and economic recovery and a strengthened resilience of critical sectors, as outlined in the Recovery Plan.
- Increase the capacity of Europe to respond, in cooperation with international players, to emerging socio-economic and related scientific and technological challenges at global level.