Better customs and supply chain security
Expected Outcomes: Projects’ results are expected to contribute to the following outcomes
- Improved detection of threats and dangerous and illicit goods by practitioners and operators within the post and parcel flows, without disruption to the flow;
- Improved capacity of practitioners and operators to deny the misuse of the postal and parcel service by criminal or terrorist group to move items;
- Improved risk assessment, preparedness and reaction capacities in the postal and parcel service.
- Improved capability of customs and border authorities, at land, sea and/or air border crossing points, to detect drugs, illicit goods, weapons, explosive and other threats concealed on individuals or within their bodies, in the operational environment of border crossing points;
- Safer, more efficient and more easily deployable solutions for detection compared to the state of the art are used by customs and border authorities , in particular avoiding ionizing radiation and minimizing any safety risk to users and operators and ensuring respect of fundamental rights.