- 11:00- Welcome Words:
- Steven Schmerz, State of Bavaria’s Israel Office
- Hagit Schwimmer, ISERD
- 11:10- What’s new in Horizon Europe?
- Anna Abelmann, BayFOR
- 11:30 Introduction to Cluster 5, Destination 1: “Climate Sciences and responses”
- NN, BayFOR
- 11:45 Coffee Break
Online Brokerage Event: Bavaria, Israel- “Climate Change and Social Science”
About the Event
The online brokerage event on “Climate Change and Social Science” (Horizon Europe Cluster 5, Destination 1) on July 8, 2021 invites Bavarian, Israeli and other European stakeholders from research, industry and other fields to explore new cooperation and network opportunities by focusing on four specific topics from the new EU research framework program Horizon Europe mentioned below. The event is organized by experts of the Scientific Coordination Office Bavaria-Israel of the Bavarian Research Alliance (BayFOR) and the Israel-Europe R&D Directorate (ISERD).
During the event, you will have the opportunity to:
- Receive up-to-date information on the specific Horizon Europe topics mentioned below.
- Join one or more workshops on specific call(s) from the new Horizon Europe program.
- Present your specific project idea and/or area of expertise on one of below mentioned topics in a short pitch (max. 3 minutes / max. 4 slides).
- Find new international partners for your consortium.
- Exchange with other international participants on specific project ideas and approaches.
Registration to the event has to be done by July 2, 2021 at the latest. Please state which workshop(s) you would like to attend and which call you are most interested in.
The event is free of charge.
Please note that there is only a limited number of places available for this event. In case one of the workshops is overbooked, we reserve the right to prioritise the participants based on their profile, expertise and/or project idea.
OPENING and INTRODUCTION
Moderation: Anna Abelmann, BayFOR
- 12:00 - Call presentation:
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-01-02-two-stage: Socio-economic risks of climate change in Europe (RIA)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-01-03-two-stage: Social science for land-use strategies in the context of climate change and biodiversity challenges (RIA)
Relevant keywords: land-use-strategy, climate and environmental policy, risk management, Integrated assessment modelling, economy, SSH expertise, gender, behavioural science;
- 12:15 Pitch Presentations (3min/each, max. 12 presentations)
- 12:45 Discussion Round
Moderation: Smadar Hirsh, ISERD
- 13:00 - Call presentation:
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-04: Supporting the formulation of adaptation strategies through improved climate predictions in Europe and beyond
Relevant keywords: climate science, climate prediction, earth observation programs, destination earth initiative, SSH expertise;
- 13:15 Pitch Presentations (3min/each, max. 12 presentations)
- 13:45 Discussion Round
Moderation: Hagit Schwimmer, ISERD
- 14:00 - Call Presentation
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D1-02-05: Let nature help do the job: Rewilding landscapes for carbon sequestration, climate adaptation and biodiversity support
Relevant keywords: biodiversity and climate crisis, climate-biodiversity-nexus, ecosystem change, rewilding process, SSH expertise, gender expertise;
- 14:15 Pitch Presentations (3min/each, max. 12 presentations)
- 14:45 Discussion Round