- Apply to EIT Health's Investor Network Accelerator Programme
The EIT Health Investor Network facilitates early-stage fundraising across Europe to help accelerate innovative ideas to health markets faster. The network connects qualified companies seeking funding with a pool of selected European investors. We work with investors including early-stage venture capitalists, family offices, angel networks or super angels.
Raising funds is a lengthy and complex process for start-ups, especially those looking to launch in multiple markets across Europe. The Investor Network can help you to navigate that process. After a detailed evaluation of your project, you will receive recommendations of next steps. You will also have the opportunity to connect with some of the most active early stage healthcare private and institutional investors in Europe. The EIT Health Investor Network team will introduce your project to the network, as well as to specific investors, while providing you with insights and access to the services you need.
Applications are ongoing untill 31.12.21
Application cost: €1,000; This fee covers:
- A detailed review and assessment of your project by our evaluation team.
- A one-hour web call with two healthcare investors, expert in either Biotech, Medtech or Digital Health and carefully selected by our team throughout Europe.
- A one-page report with your evaluation grade, your strengths, recommendations and an oral feedback post result.
In case of acceptance, your company receives:
- A full one-year entry into the Investor Network
- Featured in at least one newsletter and one deal letter sent to all our investors
- Personalised promotion by our team towards selected investors
- Invitation to pitch at various events in Europe or by webpitch
- Access to the EIT Health Network, its partners and programmes
- A pan-European press release and communication campaign when funds have been successfully raised
- The opportunity to be supported by the network for your following round
In case of non-acceptance: For evaluation scores above 60%, your company will be given the possibility to reapply free of charge after six months.
- EIT Bridgehead- Take your business abroad
EIT Health’s Bridgehead brings together European health entrepreneurs who want to grow their business beyond their home market with the world’s top incubators and accelerators who have the expertise and resources to make it happen.
They will help match your scale-up with an incubator or accelerator from EIT Health’s approved network – we call these organisations our Catalysers. Together, you will plan how to access new markets quickly and decisively, tap into local networks of partners and clients, access infrastructure and understand new regulatory systems.
- BRIDGEHEAD EUROPE- Driving the expansion of your scale-up venture from one European market into another other through partners with local knowledge
- BRIDGEHEAD GLOBAL- Helping you expand your European health scale-up to markets, outside of Europe such as the US, Canada, China, Japan and South Korea amongst others
Deadline to apply: 16 March 2021 or 14 September 2021
- Gold Track: accelerating the growth of Europe’s most promising healthcare companies
The Gold Track pairs promising businesses and great ideas with a panel of top flight advisors – world-class experts who immerse themselves entirely in both your ideating, strategising, and problem solving to help set your organisation on the path to success.
With its ambition to massively scale these businesses, Gold Track is built on personal relationships between mentors and mentees. Through individualised strategic guidance and custom tailored operational execution, Gold Track supports companies to unlock ambitious business and investment opportunities within short timeframes.
Whether newly incorporated or at an advanced stage, Gold Track’s individualised mentoring is flexible to meet your unique and stage specific business priorities and needs.
You are set you up with:
- A clear value creation strategy to finance your company to reach key milestones and future exit points
- Individualised coaching by leading experts to execute on a refined roadmap toward your business goals
- Meaningful business partnerships by connecting you with the top R&D executives and relevant deal makers
- Exposure to the best investors in the U.S., Asia, and Europe
- When ready for internationalisation, we accelerate expansion to the U.S. market by helping to set a clear market entry strategy, identify and facilitate key U.S. partnerships and quickly achieve expansion goal
- Select companies have the opportunity to be awarded a grant of up to €500K from EIT Health (in return for options in your business) to unbureaucratically extend your company’s runway
If you’re an early stage start-up we’ll provide crystal clear business advice on your strategy, business model and company financing to guide you towards success and set you up to effectively raise capital. We provide high-value connections to our global network of investors and business partners. Our mentors also support you with operational implementation of your business and development strategy.
If you’re a later stage company we’ll give you laser-focused support in engaging top global investors and key decision makers in multinational pharma/device companies to catalyse your company’s capital value, and to expand your business partnerships and global competitiveness. Our mentors bring significant personal experience in growing newcos into successful public enterprises valued north of $1bn, and in achieving multi-million dollar exits. We provide a fresh look at your programmes, pipeline and strategy and also set you up with a solid market access and expansion plan. We’ll guide you on developing the right financing strategy and finding the right partners for your company’s successful exit.
Further information and applying here.
- EIT Health Catapult
Do you have a biotech, medtech or digital health start-up with an innovative and highly promising business concept?
Join the webinar on March 10 at 10am CET to learn more about this unique competition and training programme that showcases biotech, medtech and digital health start-ups to leading experts and investors across Europe.
Find out the benefits that the EIT Health Catapult programme can provide to your start-up. You will receive 360º training, could win up to €40,000 in cash price, and much more. Come ready with your questions!
Find out more- https://eithealth.eu/catapult/ (Apply by 16 March 2021)
- Startups Meet Pharma
In 2021 we have partnered with five pharma companies, Abbott, Takeda, Merck, Amgen and AstraZeneca, and we now invite start-ups to jointly address the challenges they face with operational products and services.
Challenges for 2021:
1. Facilitate patients’ identification/screening in clinical trials (in collaboration with Amgen)
2. Integrated care for chronic kidney disease patients (in collaboration with AstraZeneca)
3. Digital remote monitoring and support solutions for patients living with multiple sclerosis (in collaboration with Merck)
4. Digital and personalised health for adult ADHD (in collaboration with Takeda)
5. Tools for monitoring loss of muscle, strength and/or physical function, to manage sarcopenia and frailty in the elderly (in collaboration with Abbott)
It’s a unique opportunity for start-ups to receive a tailored training programme, gain one-on-one access to our pharma sponsors and develop relationships with key stakeholders and industry leaders in the area of interest. Past editions of the programme have proven to be very beneficial to former participants with many NDAs signed, clinical trials kicked-off and collaborative projects in the works.
More information about the programme and its requirements is available at this link.
The deadline for applications is 16 March 2021 and EIT also organizing two webinars aimed to provide a detailed overview of the programme, its timeline, and the application process on 24 March 2021 at 11am CET and 9 March 2021 at 12:00 PM CET. Interested parties can register here.
- Calling2Scale programme for market penetration support
Calling all Health,Waste Management & Recycling, and Renewable Energy startups to apply to an 8-week globalization Calling2Scale programme for market penetration support.
- Fully funded 8-week bootcamp with hands-on support and tailored group workshops
- Industry led tracks that offer expert support, access to business units, challenges, data, and beta sites
- Top speakers from leading innovation ecosystems, such as Silicon Valley, Europe, and Israel
- Weekly 1:1 meetings with our Growth Team to meet individual needs to ensure effective progress
- Matchmaking with industries and potential clients
- One of a kind EU-IL peer learning
Find out more here and Apply Now (Deadline: 26 March 2021)
- Crowedfunding accelerator
Crowdfunding gathers many small investments into one large pool of funds to support a good idea. The EIT Health Crowdfunding platform uses this approach to provide your promising start-up or SME with much-needed investment while allowing European citizens to benefit from your success.
The Crowdfunding platform supports funding campaigns of up to €10 million by granting you direct contact to our network of 550,000 healthcare and investment professionals and other citizens in Europe. You will also receive mentorship from a network that includes industry experts, successful entrepreneurs, investors, corporate partners, technology transfer offices, universities and hospitals.
How it works
- Application: Your application will be evaluated based on suitability for the programme. You may also be considered for other EIT Health programmes, such as the Investor Network and the Venture Centre of Excellence.
- Crowdfunding campaign: You’ll be able to launch a fully digital pan-European financing campaign that reaches our vast network of business angels, corporate investors, venture capital firms and crowdfunders – with very specific targeting. For example, if your innovation is in cancer, we can reach out to all oncologists in our network. You will even have the option for additional private placement offerings to targeted professional investors.
- Mentorship: The programme also puts you in touch with our world-leading pool of experts in the networks of EIT Health and Aescuvest. They can help guide you through the challenges of developing a business and finding funding.
You should be involved in an excellent start-up or scale-up in medtech, biotech or digital health, and you should be seeking funding of anywhere between €500,000 and €5 million, with a minimum of €1 million recommended. Your firm should be based in any Horizon Europe country.
Application period: 23 December 2020-31 January 2021, 23:59 CET. Applications are opened on a quarterly basis.
Programme dates: Applications submitted by 31 January 2021 will receive our assessment by 28 February 2021. Once accepted, you’ll be able to fundraise through Crowdfunding for at least six months.
Programme cost: Free of charge to apply. Every applicant will receive valuable feedback from our Investment Committee to work on your business model and achieve investment readiness. There may be some costs associated with the due diligence and auditing process, which will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Risingfoodstars program
The RisingFoodStars Association is a network organisation for successful, game-changing early agrifood scaleups, enabling its members to participate as Partners in all EIT Food activities.
The Network allows successful, impactful agrifood scaleups to scale to the next level in becoming the international gamechangers of the future.
ou become part of a network for max 3 years, allowing you to get:
- Easy access & personalised introduction to world-leading corporates, academia and research organisations
- Increased visibility through accessing high-impact international agrifood and startup events.
- Tailored support to scale up, raise investment and tackle typical startup growing pains
- Opportunities to partner in EIT Food innovation projects with a trusted network of leading global companies and partners
View the winning startups here.
- Seedbed Incubator
The Seedbed Incubator is a 6-month programme that aims to transform innovative ideas and research breakthroughs into market-validated business propositions.
The EIT Food Seedbed Incubator Programme is delivered by top EIT Food Partner Universities and Research and Innovation Organisations, providing their expertise in technology commercialisation and their vast connections with Industry to support researchers, scientists and entrepreneurs launch or progress a commercially viable business based on market need.
The Seedbed Incubator will enable you to identify and connect with key customers, test the market and take your minimum viable product or service from a commercial proposition to a validated business.
Applications are open between February 14-April 10, 2021. Further information here.
- The EIT Food Accelerator Network (EIT FAN)
The EIT FAN connects impactful agrifood startups with industry-leading corporate and research partners to pilot their technology and drive the ultimate goal: a successful market adoption.
They move beyond acceleration: Helping your business to transition from early stage company to impactful innovator.
EIT FAN 2021 is delivered at unique innovation ecosystems spread across Europe, including Haifa, Israel.
Why select Haifa EIT FAN-Technion? Personalised program;Unique resources;Mentoring, consulting and services. EIT FAN IL Director: Dr. Avital Regev Siman-Tov; E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open between February 14-April 10, 2021. Further information here.
- The New European Bauhaus Acceleration Pilot Call
Are you a digital tech company developing innovative solutions that make Europe more sustainable and inclusive, improving citizens’ quality of life?
As part of the New European Bauhaus initiative, EIT Digital is looking to identify the most promising high-impact ventures in order to support their business growth and help them become the international gamechangers.
The best 4 companies will receive a full year of tailored international growth support by the EIT Digital Accelerator worth €48,000 to scale up their business and boost social and economic impact for the European community.
Submit your application by August 6 2021.
- EIT Digital Challenge 2021
The EIT Digital Challenge aims to identify the best European deep tech entrepreneurs and help them scale up internationally, thus supporting the European deep tech ecosystem.
Top 20 companies will be invited to an exclusive event to pitch in front of expert juries and participate in the matchmaking sessions with corporates and investors.
The best 3 companies will receive prizes totaling €250,000 to boost their international growth.
Submissions are open until 10.5.21.
For further information and to apply- https://lnkd.in/dz2KEvt
- EIT Manufacturing SME Transform call now open!
SME Transform call seeks to support SMEs who plan to implement a transformation project on their manufacturing lines or production systems.
The call offers two packages: Transformation services (mandatory) and Transformation financial support (optional).
Submissions are open until 30 September 2021.
For more information see here.
- ClimAccelerator- startups shaping a climate-positive new normal
ClimAccelerator is a global programme giving start-ups access to innovate, catalyse, and scale the potential of their climate solutions. In a global community of organisers, we run both theme-based and place-based acceleration programs. It goes beyond European borders, building a bridge between our world’s industry experts and systems to break new ground in carbon reduction.
With the European Green Deal and Paris Agreement as north stars, breakthrough businesses with proven climate impact technologies and partners need one powerful platform where they can connect and scale towards true industry transformation.
It’s time to unleash the innovation potential of start-ups to shape a climate-positive new normal.
For active and upcomming programmes and submissions see here.
- Start-up & SME Booster
RM Booster programme provides support to start-ups and SMEs to develop innovative products and services that can produce an impact in the raw materials sector or benefit our partners.
Besides funding and customised services, the selected start-ups and SMEs will also get access to the EIT RawMaterials partner network, participating in our networking events, as well as gain visibility through EIT RawMaterials network channels. Supported start-ups and SMEs may join our network as an associate or full member to benefit from the ecosystem fully.
Start-up and SME Booster provides established companies with support to:
- speed up a technology challenge resulting in a higher TRL, bringing the technology closer to the market
- accelerate market penetration by dedicating financial resources for a specific segment or target market
- facilitate product portfolio diversification, enabling product adaption or new product features to address a concrete market need
- Financial support of up to EUR 60 000.
In this RM Booster Call 2021, EIT RawMaterials seeks companies developing solutions for:
- Sustainable Discovery and Supply of primary and secondary resources (innovative solutions based for example on artificial intelligence, machine learning, virtual reality etc.) for securing and processing strategic mineral resources in a sustainable and safe way and with a social license to operate.
- Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility (materials for electrification such as batteries, fuel cells, magnets; materials for lightweight design including steels, non-ferrous alloys, composites, multimaterials).
- Raw Materials and Circular Societies (new circular business models such as reuse, repair, remanufacturing, sharing economy).
Start-up and SME Booster Call 2021 is open all year long. For the sake of clarity and to ensure a smooth selection and operational progress of the selected Start-ups and SMEs, three cut-off dates for proposal submission will be organised. The application deadlines are: 31 March, 28 May, 3 September 2021.
- Fast-track your business with the RawMaterials Accelerator!
Are you the next top innovation team offering radically sustainable products or services in the raw materials sector? Accelerate your solution to the market, apply for the RawMaterials Accelerator!
Calls for Phase 1 Explore and Phase 2 Build are open until August 28 2021!
RawMaterials Accelerator comprises three phases (Explore, Build, Grow). There are stage gates between each of the phases, where start-ups need to be approved for entering the next phase. Each phase has specific objectives, process, funding and timeline. The support provided in each Phase consists of both group work, individual coaching as well as anchoring start-ups in their local and national ecosystems while at the same time opening up introductions on a pan-European level to partners of the EIT RawMaterials Innovation Community. The combination of local anchoring and pan-European opportunities is envisaged to increase the success rate and market opportunities of the selected start-ups.
RawMaterials Accelerator introduces start-up teams to potential customers from the EIT RawMaterials partner network willing to adopt innovations. The programme connects local and national ecosystems to the pan-European network of a pilot and test infrastructure facilities as well as potential customers. RM Accelerator aims to develop start-ups so that they can rapidly become suppliers to, and perhaps future partners of, the EIT RawMaterials network.
- EIT Jumpstarter is a pre-accelerator program for innovators in the healthcare, agri-food, raw materials, energy, urban mobility and manufacturing industries.
EIT Jumpstarter is ideal for teams with innovative business idea, who want to jumpstart their company. With the contribution of best-in-class experts, creative community, unique know-how our aim is to support idea-holders to turn their ideas into business. We help them build a viable business model around their innovative product or service idea, validate it and if their business idea is proven to be sustainable, we encourage them to register their company.
We introduce teams to partners, investors, regulatory bodies and companies that can produce their products, their first buyer or a test site. They meet major innovation hubs in Europe, which is important when they want to enter foreign markets.
The program contributes to boosting innovation and entrepreneurship within Central-Eastern and Southern-European Regions by validating innovative solutions and connecting them with the articulated demands from the industry. The program has trained 348 start-up teams since 2017, and in 2019 EIT Jumpstarter won the Best Association Training Initiative Award of the European Association Awards.
During the eight months-long program, you will find and validate the best business model for your innovative idea. The courses build on the lean start-up methodology from the Silicon Valley translated to the European environment. You will learn about: how to refine your deal, market segmentation, customer value proposition, financials, investment basics, legal basics
To enter the competition, submit your idea of an innovative product or service that can make an impact in the raw materials sector. The winners will win a EUR 10 000 prize and will be involved in various events organised by the EIT RawMaterials, and have an opportunity to network with the world’s largest community in the raw materials sector!
EIT Urban Mobility
The EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator is a EU-funded programme in five European regional hubs implemented through partners to take early-stage mobility startups to the next level. Looking for early-stage startup-teams with business ideas that reduce congestion and increase efficiency in the transport system. With innovative approaches to make commuting faster or more enjoyable. With concepts to accelerate the transition to low- or zero-emission forms of transport – and with all other possible ideas that help to solve mobility-related problems.
The EIT Urban Mobility Acceleration programme is designed to offer early stage startups
from EU plus EIT participating countries:
- €5k as grant for each participating startup
- €30k worth of support services:
- Individualized business coaching and training
- Mentoring by industry experts and experienced founders
- Validation of your market and technology with access to a network of living labs (in collaboration with City Club)
- Finding your product-market fit
- Scaling your business, driving growth and internationalisation
- Investor pitch coaching and potential contacts with investors and VC funds
- Promotion of your startup at the Business Creation portfolio webpage, and through EIT Urban Mobility communication channels
- Access to EIT Urban Mobility investment initiatives and funding instruments
Be part of the EIT Urban Mobility Accelerator and get unique access to cities, mobility players and investors!
The ScaleTHENGlobal is a EU-funded programme with pan-European dimension implemented through EIT Urban Mobility partners. We are looking for the most promising urban mobility startups with innovative solutions tackling city challenges.
ScaleTHENGlobal supports startups in scaling-up their business in Europe, driving growth and going international. It also supports startups from outside Europe willing to expand their business in the European ecosystem related to urban mobility.
The selected startups will get promoted at the Business Creation webpage with their profile, and through the EIT Urban Mobility communication channels. Up to €50,000 (per applicant) of additional funding will be offered to the three best pilot projects. European startups will have to demonstrate their appropriateness and suitability to perform a pilot a project with one of the EIT Urban Mobility collaborating cities. ScaleTHENGlobal also offers access to EIT Urban Mobility Business Creation investment initiatives and funding instruments.
Selected startups can be found here.
- EIT Urban Mobility GoGlobal
GoGlobal promotes global outreach by organising trips for mature urban mobility startups to connect and expand internationally and welcome international startups to Europe with a clear thematic focus on urban mobility. Our offer:
- Organisation of special online events (due to COVID-19 these are online) for selected urban mobility startups participating in the Scale-up Hub and for others that meet the selection criteria.
- Access to external events such as the Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC).
- Host (online) international startups, scale-ups from North America, Latin America, Asia, etc.
- Access to the EIT Urban Mobility network and ecosystem.
- Support to startups based outside of Europe to enter to the European market and get introduced to EIT Urban Mobility partners.
Selected startups can be found here.
Be part of EIT Urban Mobility GoGlobal and take your mobility startup to the next level!